Tuesday, 15 July 2014

[OUTFIT POST] Viva Las Vegas I





For my birthday back in May, I got to spend a little over $300 on my first Pinup Girl (PUG) Clothing haul. It was my second PUG purchase since the first one was my prom dress. I want to write a big review post separate from my outfit post since I have very positive, yet very mixed opinion on the overall experience. I styled this after my obsessive love for Vegas and grand desire to attend Viva. Almost everyone in the rockabilly/vintage community knows about Viva, the big car show and basically a rockabilly convention held in Vegas every spring. I can't attend for a few more years since I'm only 18 but I always have it in mind. Despite Viva Las Vegas, I have plenty of intentions to visit the Sin City, anyhow, just to appreciate the mid-century culture that built it up. The clothing itself seems to be inspired by the flirtatious fun of Vegas and I couldn't resist the combo. This was actually my second outfit I styled, but I'm still working on photos from the first set. Stay tuned!

Top // Carole top in red // Pinup Couture
Pants // Cigarette Pants in Harlequin // Deadly Dames
Shoes // Payless




 -Bonus photos from Friday 13th! Avec Marilyn, mon bébé-


https://www.facebook.com/Sonnyphotography

2 comments :

  1. SUPER cute look, I'm getting a late 60s/early 70s vibe from it. I'll have to check out that shop.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! :D I absolutely love PUG, for the construction, unique silhouettes and beautiful fabrics, they're great clothes! I'm in the middle of writing a review for the full haul soon since each piece kind of varies.

      Delete